- Cash, check or payment with a credit card via PayPal are all fine for regular sessions prior to the session beginning.
- For online PayPal payment of fees: To make a payment with your credit card, just fill out the correct amount and click 'Make a Payment'. You'll be taken to PayPal's Website, where you can complete the payment to me.
- For phone therapy, payment must be made in advance via PayPal.
- For Online Therapy you will pay in advance via the HIPPA third party site or PayPal.
SO MANY AFFORDABLE CHOICES:
Our first meeting to consider in-office therapy is 30 minutes and is always free unless we have already communicated re: issues and your needs via phone, e-mail, etc. This is considered a "get acquainted" intro-assessment visit to determine if we are a good fit. If not, I will endeavor to give you three referrals that might suit your needs better.
1. In Office: $160.00 per 1 hour and 15-minute session for those who have concerns they want to address in depth without being rushed by the clock, persons struggling with trauma or addiction or for those who travel some distance. This is what most clients find most useful.
2. In Office: $125.00 for 50 minutes. Consider using this only if you prepare your thoughts and objective for the session well beforehand so you are getting the maximum help and improvement that you desire to meet your objectives
3. In Office: $250.00 for 2 hours for those clients with special circumstances or who drive a long distance, fly in, or families/friends needing intervention help and support, or for those who just want more time for themselves. This pricing is also a bargain for couples who need joint time but also need 30 minutes of private time each and don't want to drive back for more solo sessions as relates to their Couples Counseling.
4.Telephone counseling is available at the affordable rate of $95.00 per 50-minute session to be paid in advance. We mutually agree on a time and date beforehand which I will confirm. Do not call randomly without a confirmation from me.
5. Online Therapy and Counseling (messaging or e-mail) – Receive personal therapy via your phone, mobile device or computer by an experienced, caring therapist for $75 week, paid one month in advance each month. Go to the Online page on this website, or go to the Home page, click ME, then SERVICES and then ONLINE for more detailed information.
This pricing does not apply to legal clients, whose fees are slightly higher, due to greatly increased documentation which is billed separately.
Please note: I do not work with Borderline individuals as it is not an area I am skilled in.
- If you have a health care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) though your employer, the cost of psychotherapy may be an eligible reimbursable expense. Check with your employer and tax advisor.
- Please speak to your CPA regarding whether your medical expense for therapy is deductible from your taxes in your particular situation.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT AND ARE REFERRED AT A LEGAL CASE, THE COSTS ARE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE NOTED ABOVE DUE TO THE INCREASED DEMANDS OF LEGAL CASES.
Fee Schedule for Legal Cases
Initial Meeting Assessment, Intake, and Preliminary Diagnosis: $650.00 per person, per client*. This may take two hours, or more, with the client and another two hours, or more, to fully prepare initial documentation. Should a particular case require more than four hours for this, additional charges will apply at the rate listed below. *Should a full Treatment Plan be requested also an additional $100.00 fee will apply bringing the Initial Meeting and Documentation total to $750.00.
Due to infirmity, if the client cannot meet in the therapy office for the first session requiring therapist to travel to them, the rate is $275.00 per hour or portion thereof for travel time. It is highly advised that the client hire cheaper transport.
Office Therapy: Legal = $235.00 per 50-minute session in-office consisting of therapy session $160.00, plus Legal Process Notes and extra documentation $75.00 = $235.00 total fee per session.
*Possible discounts available for direct payment to clincian rather than using a third party legal lender.*
E-mail, phone, text, IM, FT, HIPPA Video with client or attorney = billable in 15-minute increments at above rate.
Reading and working from documentation provided by other sources pertinent to client $160 per hour.
The first visit needs to be in office/person-to-person for a thorough assessment and to determine if therapy is appropriate for each individual client and situation. This decision is up to the clinician and may be terminated if it appears it is not therapeutically effective.
Telemedicine for Legal Cases
A client is eligible, if appropriate, for telephone counseling, e-mail, messaging and face-to-face video at the above rates, charged fractionally by the amount of time used by both client and clinician. This is available if distance or mobility present a challenge for the client. The rate is the same as posted above. We use a third party HIIPA compliant secure portal.
-Please note: I do not work with Borderline individuals as it is not an area I am skilled in.-
Expert testimony: Expert witness fees are: $3,000.00 (three thousand dollars) for a full day and $2,000.00 (two thousand dollars) for AM or PM and will apply if Ms. Valentino testifies for one minute, 7 hours or not at all. Fees must be paid at least 10 business days before the court date. The fees are not refundable if there is less than 72 hours written notice to cancel or change dates of testimony; email is acceptable notice. If Ms. Valentino must travel more than one half hour to/from the court house, there will be an additional travel fee. Telephonic testimony, if requested by the Judge, is billed at the rate of $400.00 (four hundred dollars) per hour or portion thereof. The same terms of payment and refund apply: Fees must be paid at least 10 business days in advance. The fee is not refundable if Ms. Valentino receives less than 72 hours’ notice to cancel or change dates of testimony. Please note that I am a treatment Behavioral Psychotherapist and as such there is rarely a need for me to go to Court. Please note that I am a treatment Behavioral Psychotherapist and as such there is rarely a need for me to go to Court.
Additional potential fees:
Preparation Time, including submission of records, copying, transport: $200 per hour
Phone calls, $200 per hour billable in 10-minute increments
Depositions, $200 per hour plus travel time and costs
All attorney fees and that are incurred by the therapist as a result of the legal action
Finally, all fees are doubled if clinician Valentino had scheduled plans to go out of town and notified clients’ counsel.
Costs as noted are effective 6/1/18. Fees are subject to change as necessary or as costs increase.