MANY AFFORDABLE CHOICES:
Our first meeting to consider in-office therapy is 15-30 minutes and is always free unless we have already communicated re: issues and your needs via phone, e-mail, etc. This is considered a "get acquainted" intro-assessment visit to determine if we are a good fit. If not, I will endeavor to give you referrals that might suit your needs better.
- In Office: $165.00 per 75-minute session for those who have concerns they want to address in depth without being rushed by the clock, persons struggling with trauma or addiction or for those who travel some distance.
- In Office: $130.00 for 50 minutes. Consider using this only if you prepare your thoughts and objective for the session well beforehand so you are getting the maximum help and improvement that you desire to meet your objectives
- In Office: $250.00 for 2 hours for those clients with special circumstances or who drive a long distance, fly in, or families/friends needing intervention help and support, or for those who just want more time for themselves. This pricing is also a bargain for couples who need joint time but also need 30 minutes of private time each and don't want to drive back for more solo sessions as relates to their Couples Counseling.
Telemedicine/ Online Therapy: All online communications will go through We Counsel website to meet HIPPA and security requirements.
- Phone: 50 minute $100. per session
- Email: unlimited $70. per week
- Video: 50 minute $130. per session, same as in-office
Insurance: For the sake of keeping fees affordable and confidentiality, I do not accept direct insurance payments. I will provide an insurance ready statement each month so that you may submit for reimbursement. I work on a fee-for-service basis only. Many clients can receive reimbursement for a portion of my services through their out-of network mental health benefits.
Payment: Cash, check, or Venmo and PayPal for credit cards are accepted for payment in advance. Please pay before the start of the session so that none of your valuable session time is taken up with completing payment. If you are not paying by cash or check, I prefer you use Venmo as they do not charge the relatively large fees that PayPal does, which helps keep my rates low. Go to Venmo.com to sign up and Venmo.com/app to get the app for your phone. Otherwise, feel free to use PayPal.com. Both accounts take almost all credit cards and are in my name: Sharon Valentino
Cancellation Policy: If you do not come for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Schedule Online: Request a therapy appointment online . However, I prefer that you e-mail me at: [email protected] as I will get your request much faster.
Please note: I do not work with Borderline individuals as it is not an area I am skilled in.
- If you have a health care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) though your employer, the cost of psychotherapy may be an eligible reimbursable expense. Check with your employer and tax advisor.
- Please speak to your CPA regarding whether your medical expense for therapy is deductible from your taxes in your particular situation.
Legal Injury Health Treatment - Trauma, Memory Loss, PTSD: If you have been injured due to the fault of others and are referred via a legal case, the costs differ from those noted above due to significantly increased demands and documentation of legal cases. Contact me for details.